Before we get into hair care after taking out braids it is better to learn something about hair care in general. Now there are many techniques that you can use to care for your hair. The general public visit beauty salons for treatments of all kinds. The salons use various hair products that have therapeutic properties and can repair damaged hair. The reason why most men and women invest so much in hair care is because the hair constitutes a major part of the way we look. Nice hair goes a long way in giving our confidence and our personality a major boost. Good and healthy hair is a sign that we are good from the inside. Some treatments can be very time consuming and not to mention expensive but in the long run they are good for the hair.
Introduction to hair braiding
Braiding has turned into a rage as both men and women have started to use this style. Let us look at ideal ways to braid before I tell you what to do after taking out braids. Firstly you should make sure that your hair is properly washed and conditioned. It is important to keep the hair wet, moisturized and clean at all times. Avoid getting your hair tangled in the shower as it will be easy to comb through it.
After you have gone through the first step you can then begin to divide the hair into different sections. You should then start braiding the smallest parts. Diving your hair into sections will ensure that the whole procedure can be carried out in an organized way.
Remember that taking out the braid and caring for your hair much depends on how you braid them initially.
Relaxing hair after taking out braids
- You can begin by massaging your entire scalp with hair oil. Again divide your hair in to small sections and attend to them individually. Use pins or clips to separate the hair into sections. You should have a cross like formation on your hair.
- Begin with a single section and apply the relaxing cream or oil generously over the scalp and hair making sure that you do not miss out on a single spot. Repeat this entire process for the entire head. You must take special care to focus on the root of the hair.
- After you have applied the oil or the relaxer on all the sections of the head; you could try to massage your hair and scalp very gently. If you are doing this by yourself then you can control the speed but if you are doing this at a salon you should ask the person there to massage gently. Now the very texture of the hair will indicate the amount of time you should leave the relaxer on your scalp.
- When you have decided that it is time to wash out the relaxer cream you should use plain water to rinse out the entire thing from your scalp before you even apply a shampoo. Try to apply a mild protein conditioner and leave it on for about 5 minutes and then wash it out completely before you apply some shampoo. There are many brands out there that manufacture this protein conditioner.
- Always use a neutralizing shampoo as this helps to rinse out all the relaxer and stop the hair from breakage. When you decide to shampoo make sure that you work up a good lather that will remove the relaxer completely. You can also buy certain shampoos that will indicate if you have left any relaxer on your head.
- Remember to condition your hair at all times. After you have rinsed the hair wipe it completely dry and apply conditioner to your hair and spread it evenly all over your hair. Comb the hair nicely and leave it for at least five minutes. You can even resort to hot oil massages as they too work wonders.
- The last step will is to rinse out the conditioner completely and dry your hair with a towel and you can style it as usual..